Frequently asked questions
What is QSW?
Qatar Sustainability Week is a National Campaign that aims to engage the community in a wide range of sustainability-related activities to achieve the global sustainability goals outlined in the Qatar National Vision 2030.
What Can I Do in QSW 2022?
As an individual participant, you can attend events that extend your knowledge about sustainability and start making changes in your daily lifestyle and be more sustainable.
As a company, you can become a QSW partner and register your sustainability actions and/or register your sustainability-related initiative/activity/event to be published on the QSW website.
Who Can Become a QSW Partner?
Whether you are a government or private entity, hotel, restaurant, university, school or a community group, you can participate in Qatar Sustainability Week.
What Are My Roles and Responsibilities as a Partner in QSW?
As soon as your register your activity and it is published on our website, you will receive a pack informing you of your roles and responsibilities as a partner in Qatar Sustainability Week.
Why Become a QSW Partner?
This will be an excellent chance to showcase what you are already doing or planning to do to raise awareness within your community and to implement actions to become more sustainable. You will also receive additional coverage on social media and media as a leader in this movement.
What changes can I / We make to be more sustainable?
- Use water efficient fixtures
- Add faucet aerators
- Use timed and censored fixtures
- Track and monitor consumption
- Switch off unused lights and electronics
- Set AC temperature to 22–24◦c when needed
- Reduce Food Waste
- Save leftovers for later
- Store food properly
- Compost organic and food waste
- Use the metro
- Car pool
- Cycle or walk
- Use Hybrid or electric cars
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (Paper, Plastic, Metal, Food, Donate)
- Ban single use plastics like water bottles, cutlery, cups, bags, packaging and containers
- Think twice before you print
- Improve indoor air quality Improve ventilation
- Take advantage of daylight
- Connect to nature
- Use Eco-friendly products
- Support local products and materials
Well being: Physical, social and mental
- Choose healthy food options
- Stay hydrated
- Stay active